Nurtures adrenals back to normal function: Treats the cause of the problem. Tiredness and chronic fatigue and pain, mild depression, anxiety, reduced stress-coping ability, unexplained hair loss, insomnia, inability to loose weight, poor blood sugar control (up or down), frequent infections, reduced sex drive, feeling better suddenly for a brief period after a meal, a craving for fatty, salty or high-protein foods, difficulties getting up in the morning, worsening of allergies, reduced memory/concentration, alternating diarrhea and constipation, and indigestion are symptoms of adrenal burnout.
What is Adrenal Fatigue? (also known as adrenal insufficiency, adrenal burn-out or hypoadrenia)
Adrenal fatigue occurs when the adrenal glands, situated above the kidneys, become overworked or damaged, usually from long-term exposure to stress. As a result of being over-worked, they secrete reduced amounts of the adrenal hormones, the main ones being cortisol, aldosterone, pregnenolone, DHEA and adrenaline. The most important of these is cortisol, since when this is lowered, the body will no longer be able to deal with stress, a situation which can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome.
What are the symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue?
The main symptom of adrenal fatigue is tiredness and chronic (long term) fatigue (especially in the morning and between 3-5pm). Other associated non-specific symptoms that could occur as a syndrome include chronic pain (especially upper back or neck), mild depression, anxiety, reduced stress-coping ability (e.g. trembling under pressure), un-explained hair loss, insomnia, inability to loose weight (even though seriously trying to), poor blood sugar control (up or down), frequent infections, reduced sex drive, feeling better suddenly for a brief period after a meal, a craving for fatty, salty or high-protein foods, great difficulties getting up in the morning, worsening of allergies, reduced memory/concentration, alternating diarrhea and constipation, and indigestion.
What causes Adrenal Fatigue?
The onset of Adrenal fatigue is slow and insidious. Chronic stress if the main cause of adrenal fatigue, since stress causes the adrenals to produce huge amounts of adrenal stress hormones. This continues until the adrenals burn-out and so does the supply of vital stress and anti-fatigue hormones. As a result, chronic fatigue and the above-mentioned symptoms of continued stress-exposure begin. Most adults experience adrenal fatigue of varying severities at some time in their lives. Other causes of Adrenal fatigue are constant anger (a short fuse), chronic inflammation, chronic infections (such as Giardia and H. pylori, which give rise to inflammation), chronic pain, excessive exercise, low blood sugar, surgery, lack of sleep, excessive sugar, caffeine or alcohol intake and toxin exposure (such as smoking or environmental pollutants).
Adrenal Fatigue vs. Adrenal Non-Function
Adrenal fatigue (very common) should not be confused with another medical condition called Addison's disease where the adrenal glands are not functioning (very rare). While Addison's disease is often caused by auto-immune dysfunction, adrenal fatigue is caused by stress.
What does Adrenal Fatigue Formula contain and how does it work?
Each daily dose (2 capsules) supplies:
* Korean Ginseng 5:1 extract 200mg – an adaptogen that enhances energy and improves adrenal function. The term adaptogen, refers to Korean ginseng’s buffering ability: to stimulate an under-active adrenal, but slow-down an overactive adrenal one, Korean ginseng also protects nerve function and enhances memory and stress-coping ability during times of stress. Korean ginseng will also help treat the blood-sugar irregularities and low blood pressure that occurs with under-active adrenal glands.
* Liquorice 6:1 extract 500mg – slows down the breakdown of cortisol in the body, allowing the adrenals time to recuperate. Liquorice also helps protect from the acidic indigestion sometimes associated with adrenal fatigue and burn-out.
* Echinacea 4:1 extract 200mg – Echinacea is a potent adrenal stimulant, and also helps fight infections (such as Candida) that commonly occur with adrenal fatigue. » Chromium polynicotinate 200mcg – helps prevent the blood-sugar irregularities and fatigue caused by an under-active adrenal gland.
* Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 25mg – Clinical evidence shows that Vitamin B1 counters the adrenal insufficiency that occurs from trauma such as surgery.
* Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate) 50mg – Calcium pantothenate, in the form of coenzyme A is closely involved in adrenal cortex function and has come to be known as the anti-stress vitamin: It acts as an enzyme to facilitate the production of all adrenal anti-stress hormones.
Who should take Adrenal Fatigue Formula?
You should take adrenal fatigue formula if you fall into any of the following three categories:
1. You experience unexplained abnormal fatigue (such as those suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome) or from tiredness coupled with any three or more of the symptoms listed above, under “What are the symptoms of adrenal fatigue?”, OR
2. You fall into a high risk group by being exposed to continuous high levels of stress (such as a high stress job), particularly if combined with other causes such as those listed above, under “What causes adrenal fatigue?” OR
3. You have low DHEA and Cortisol hormone levels. This is determined by a saliva or blood test. The ideal test is a saliva test, as this measures free, unbound hormones, unlike the blood test which measures the bound hormone levels. DHEA can be measured anytime of the day. Cortisol should be measured shortly after waking, again at midday and again at bedtime.
What is the dosage of Adrenal Fatigue Formula?
One Adrenal fatigue formula capsule should be taken twice daily, preferably with a meal/food. It should be taken continuously for six weeks, with a two week break. The reason for the break is that Korean ginseng, Liquorice and Echinacea stop working if taken continuously. This dosage regimen should be continued for approximately two years, or until full energy levels and stress coping ability return to normal.
It may take from a few weeks, to three months, for the effects of Adrenal Fatigue Formula to begin to become apparent.
What are the advantages of Adrenal Support Formula?
* Works for both types of adrenal fatigue. This includes over-active or fatigued adrenals.
* Nurtures adrenals back to normal function: will not result in lazy adrenals by negative feedback,(which can occur with hormonal adrenal formulas). Nor will it result in complications of hormones/glandulars, such as estrogen dominance or pregnenolone/DHEA steal.
* Treats the cause of the problem (adrenal fatigue) not the apparent problem (low levels of adrenal hormones)
* Contains no biological glandular extracts which can contain BSE or cause severe allergies
* * * * *