Product InformationA new and 'state of the art' complete anti-oxidant formulation with the most potent and effective anti-oxidants available. Combining the best of the super nutrients, which include, Vitamins B1 & B5, Astaxanthan, Beta Carotene, Vitamins A, C & E, Selenium, Zinc, COQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Lutein, Lycopene, Quercetin, Ashwagandha, Bilberry, Curcumin, Grape Seed Extract, Green Tea Extract, Milk Thistle Extract and Rosemary Extract. Description
Ultimate free-radical, anti-aging protection
What are free radicals?
Free radicals are the main cause of aging and degenerative diseases. They are unavoidably produced as a by-product of metabolism. They damage whatever body tissue they come into contact with. This damage occurs throughout the body, and accumulates with time. Initially, there are no signs or symptoms associated with free-radical damage. However, once the damage has accumulated enough, symptoms begin to manifest –ultimately resulting in chronic degenerative diseases associated with the aging process -and premature death.
There are 12 types of free radicals: Alkoxyl Free Radicals, Hydrogen Peroxide Free Radicals, Hydroxyl Free Radicals, Peroxyl Free Radicals, Peroxynitrite Free Radicals, Phenoxy Free Radicals, Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Free Radicals, Semiquinone Free Radicals, Singlet Oxygen Free Radicals, Sulfoxide Free Radicals, Superoxide Free Radicals, Tocopheroxyl Free Radicals
Free radicals damage two types of body structures:
• Cellular structures -these cellular components are the areas most vulnerable to free-radical attack, and damage to these structures is the origin of the aging process.
• DNA damage, results in cancers.
• Mitochondrial damage, results in cell death and aging.
• Telomere damage accelerates the shortening of genetic structures called telomeres.
Shortening of telomeres hastens the genetically pre-programmed time of death.
• Tissue and organ structures -damage to these structures results in chronic disease.
• Nerve damage results in memory loss.• Immune system damage results in cancers, infections, inflammatory conditions and auto-immune diseases (like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, chronic fatigue).• Skin damage results in wrinkles and sagging.
• Eye damage results in macular degeneration.
• Blood vessels damage results in heart disease.
• Liver damage results in chronic toxicity and impaired liver function.
• There are many other examples, too numerous to mention.
What are anti-oxidants?
Anti-oxidants are natural substances that destroy free radicals. Antioxidants neutralize free-radicals before they can cause damage.
It is essential to take an antioxidant regularly and to ensure that:
• a combination of anti-oxidants is selected to protect both the cellular structures, to slow aging -as well as tissue/organ structures, to prevent chronic degenerative diseases.
• a blend of anti-oxidants from all four classes mentioned below is taken -this affords protection to both fat soluble and water soluble parts of the body and destroys all twelve sub-classes of free-radicals.
Advanced Cellular Antioxidant
• Protects both cellular and tissue/organ structures.
• Protects watery components (eg. the blood and cell contents) and fatty components (eg. cell membrane and nerve linings) of the body.
• Neutralises all twelve sub-classes of free-radicals.
• Contains all four categories of antioxidants, using standardized herbal extracts and amino acid chelates, at proven effective doses:
• Vitamin antioxidants Vitamin A 10 000 IU, Vitamin B1 5.6mg, Vitamin B5 24mg, Vitamin C 240mg, Vitamin E (natural) 40mg-alpha E, Betacarotene 1.3mg
• Mineral antioxidants Selenium 100mcg, Zinc 10mg
• Super Nutrient antioxidant Astaxanthin 1000mcg, Co-enzyme Q10 10mg, Lipoic acid 30mg, Lutein 5mg, Lycopene 5mg, Quercetin 50mg
• Super Herbal antioxidant Ashwagandha extr. 100mg, Bilberry extr. 20mg, Curcumin 100mg, Grapeseed extr. 50mg, Green tea extr. 100mg, Milk Thistle extr. 100mg, Rosemary extr. 100mg [containing rosmanol, carnosol, epirosmanol, isorosmanol, rosmaridiphenol and ursolic acid].