Rebuilds immune system, destroys viruses and bacteria, helps loose weight, burn fat, increases bone and lean muscle mass and slows down and reverses aging. Colostrum has anti-oxidant properties, is anti-inflammatory & a source of many vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
Bovine Colostrum is a thin, white, opalescent fluid (a Dairy Product) obtained from Cows (Bovine) that is the first Milk secreted at the termination of Pregnancy.
Bovine Colostrum is used as a therapeutic agent because its constituents are almost identical to those present in human Colostrum.
Health Benefits of Colostrum
Colostrum may stimulate Growth (due to Growth Factors present in Colostrum).
Colostrum may be an effective treatment for Diarrhea (due to its ability to improve the health of the Intestinal Wall).
Colostrum may help to prevent Duodenal Ulcers (by inhibiting the Helicobacter pylori Bacteria that causes many cases of Duodenal Ulcers).
Colostrum may help to prevent Gastritis (by inhibiting the Helicobacter pylori Bacteria that causes many cases of Duodenal Ulcers).
Colostrum may help to prevent Gastroenteritis.
Colostrum may help to prevent and treat Intestinal Permeability.
Colostrum may enhance the health of the Intestinal Wall (primarily due to the Lactoferrin content of Colostrum).
Colostrum may help to protect the Stomach from the toxic effects of Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS).
Colostrum may alleviate Ulcerative Colitis.
Colostrum contains Antibodies and may enhance the endogenous production of Antibodies (the purpose of human Colostrum is to provide newborn infants with Antibodies that confer immunity).
Colostrum may be a valuable treatment for many Bacterial & Viral Diseases (infections):
- Colostrum may treat and prevent Diarrhea in Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) patients.
- Colostrum may help to prevent Upper Respiratory Tract Infections.
Colostrum (Bovine Colostrum) may help to prevent Cryptosporidium-induced Diarrhea (Cryptosporidiosis).
Colostrum may inhibit many types of Detrimental Bacteria including:
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Clostridium difficile
- Eschericia coli
- Helicobacter pylori (Colostrum may inhibit the ability of Helicobacter pylori to bind to Receptors on the Intestinal surface)
- Yersinia enterocolitica
Colostrum may improve Athletic Performance.
Colostrum may enhance Muscle Growth (due to Growth Factors including IGF-1 in Colostrum).
Cololstrum may improve the condition of Alzheimer’s Disease patients (due to the Proline Rich Polypeptide content of Colostrum).
Colostrum may help to prevent Upper Respiratory Tract Infections.
Colostrum is considered to be a useful treatment for (recurrent) Sinusitis.
Colostrum (applied topically) is claimed (by its manufacturers) to “nourish” the Skin and may help to prevent Wrinkles (due to the Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) content of Colostrum) (however there is little scientific basis for this claim).
Colostrum may accelerate the healing of Wounds (due to the Growth Factors content of Colostrum).
Colostrum may Enhance the Function of these Substances
Colostrum may increase the body’s levels of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) (due to the IGF-1 content of Colostrum).
Immune System Chemicals
Colostrum may increase the body’s production of Interferon Gamma (due to the Proline Rich Polypeptide content of Colostrum).
Colostrum may Inhibit the Toxic Effects of these Substances
Colostrum may help to protect the Stomach and Intestines from the toxic effects of Non-Steroidal Anti-
Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDS).
Bovine Colostrum Contains these Substances
Amino Acids: Proline
Cytokines: Interleukin 1
Growth Factors: Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF)
Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1)*:
Insulin-like Growth Factor-2 (IGF-2)
Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF)
Transforming Growth Factor-beta (TGF-b)
Proline Rich Polypeptide (PRP)
Proteins: 63% Glycoproteins
• The IGF-1 present in Bovine Colostrum is identical in molecular structure to that of human IGF-1 except for a 26 Amino Acid “flag sequence” on the front of Bovine IGF-1 (when Bovine Colostrum IGF-1 is cleaved by Digestive Enzymes in the Stomach, it is converted to a molecule that is identical to human IGF-1).
• It was once doubted that the IGF-1 of Bovine Colostrum could be effectively digested and incorporated into the bloodstream for use by the human body as a fully-functioning Hormone. However, recent research has demonstrated that Bovine Colostrum increases endogenous IGF-1 levels, indicating that the IGF-1 content of Bovine Colostrum is effectively absorbed into the human body.
The general therapeutic dosage of Colostrum is 700 - 9,000 mg per day.
The dosage of Colostrum used by athletes for improving performance is 20 – 60 grams per day.
Colostrum Compared to Cow’s Milk
Colostrum does NOT contain the Antigens that are present in Cow’s Milk.
* * * * *