Assists with Iron deficiencies and Anaemia. Untreated anaemia causes accelerated and early aging of body tissues, along with fatigue, exhaustion, shortness of breath. chest pains, inability to perform physical and mental tasks efficiently, as well as memory-loss and concentration impairment.
What is Anemia?
Anemia is a condition of low red blood cell count, limiting the ability of the blood to carry oxygen and other nutrients around the body. Anemia also reduces the ability of the blood to carry toxins (such as carbon-dioxide) away from tissues to be excreted. This results in a progressive poisoning and starvation of tissues of oxygen and other vital nutrients. Severe anemia can cause low oxygen levels in vital organs such as the heart and can lead to heart attack.
Untreated anemia causes accelerated and early aging of body tissues, along with fatigue, exhaustion, shortness of breath, chest pains, inability to perform physical and mental tasks efficiently, as well as memory-loss and concentration impairment. People with anemia may have a pale complexion. A blood test can detect anemia.
What causes anaemia?
• Iron deficiency anemia is caused by a lack of iron. Replenishing iron reverses iron deficiency anemia. However not all anemia’s are caused by an iron deficiency. There will be no effect if iron is given for a non-iron deficiency anemia. For this reason it is important to take Solal’s Iron Plus formula which supplies other essential factors as well.
• Macrocytic anemia / megaloblastic anemia is caused by a lack of vitamin B12 or folic acid.
• Causes include blood loss, nutritional deficits, many diseases, medication reactions, and various problems with the bone marrow.
• Iron deficiency anemia is most common in women who have heavy menstrual periods. Risk factors include heavy periods, pregnancy, older age, and diseases that cause anemia.
• Vegetarians are more likely to suffer anemia due to a relative lack of iron and Vitamin B12 in the diet.
The solution - Iron Plus Formula
• Iron succinate 108mg [supplying 20mg Fe +2 (reduced) iron], essential to treat iron deficiencies - the most bioavailable and effective form of iron with the fewest gastro-intestinal side effects i.e. the least likely to cause constipation. It is known as non-constipating iron. Constipation is the main problem with other iron products.
• Lactoferrin (high binding affinity lactoferrin) 50mg -reduces iron induced free radical damage and aging - a risk with other iron containing products (the negative consequence of iron supplementation, usually, is that it is a pro-oxidant free radical); Lactoferrin also enhances the absorption of iron from the blood and the delivery of iron to form haemoglobin, essential for healthy red blood cells.
• Folic acid 1000mcg and Vitamin B12 1000mcg - to prevent megaloblastic anemia caused by lack of folic acid or Vitamin B12. Additionally, folic acid, if taken alone, can mask a Vitamin B12 deficiency – this is one of the reasons for combining the two. Furthermore Solal uses only the more effective and safer methylcobalamin form of vitamin B12, not cyanocobalamin -which must first be converted into methylcobalamin in the body and produces cyanide (a poison) in the process.
• Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 150mg- for iron absorption and healthy red blood cell formation.
• Vitamin B2 (riboflavine) 10mg- for iron absorption and healthy red blood cell formation.
* * * * *